Mission and Goals
US-MAC is focused on developing the underlying science, technology, and supply chain to advance cadmium telluride (CdTe) manufacturing and commercialization.
Cooperation between the members will define a technology road map and allow stakeholders across the full development chain to work together to improve performance, reduce manufacturing costs, diversify product applications, and mobilize the wider CdTe photovoltaic (PV) community.
US-MAC strives to:
- Leverage resources, stimulate R&D investment, and accelerate innovation
- Cut CdTe technology costs in half within 5 years
- Extend solar panel life from 25 to 50 years
- Reduce CapEx and increase CdTe's rate of production with new processes
- Meet all U.S. PV demand and enable export across the world
- Increase world market share of U.S.-manufactured CdTe PV
- Develop markets for rooftops, building integration, defense applications, and solar everywhere.